We are a top Silicon Valley architectural and interior design firm (Silicon Valley Business Journal Book of Lists) with 50 years of exciting project experience. We've also been recognized for our expertise in all aspects of commercial architecture; our projects range from corporate office, retail, restaurant, industrial to the medical field. Our clients include local start-up businesses, large Fortune 500 and Top Ten technology companies. The firm is looking for a talented Job Captain to join our award-winning team!
We are a thriving company that takes pride in our employees and selectively choose exceptional candidates who will be best suited for this position as well as our company culture. We are looking for individuals who not only possess creativity, design quality, thoroughness and attention to detail but also a team player who has great interpersonal skills!
About the Position
The Job Captain manages drawing production and day-to-day operations on all size projects, working in conjunction with the Project Manager on the account. The Job Captain produces construction documents based on the scope of the work and schedule set by the Project Manager. The Job Captain makes design, code compliance and construction detail decisions. The Job Captain oversees, trains and is supported by Designers and Drafters.
- Provides scheduling advice to the Project Manager when the Project Manager writes proposals
- Leads day-to-day operations of all project phases
- Manages Designers and Drafters to deliver drawings to Project Managers on-schedule
- Trains Designers and Drafters when they encounter new tasks, unfamiliar code sections, or unfamiliar construction details
- Personally designs and drafts many parts of the project, especially those that are more technically complex
- Competently uses AutoCAD for architectural drafting
- Advises the Project Manager of project code-compliance issues
- Advises the Project Manager on potential scope of work changes
- Knows how and when to create or modify details and other drawing standards to fit the requirement of each specific project
- Can independently research unfamiliar code sections and construction details
- Stays updated on current code revisions, construction technologies, and design trends
- Handles routine communications with the client after the contract is signed and prior to close-out
- Handles routine communications with the consultant team after the contract is signed and prior to close-out, and checks drawings for coordination
- Handles routine communications with the general contractor, such as submittals and RFIs that do not have significant cost of schedule impacts
- Attends routine city submittals and re-submittals
- Can multi-task, balance project tasks, manage interruptions, and keep project work flowing
- Thinks ahead to what needs to be done and communicates with team ahead of time to ensure productivity on projects and that work is proceeding in a timely manner
- Communicates regularly to Project Managers on the status of projects and the training of Designers and Drafters
- Flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail; thorough
- Highly professional image and demeanor
- Service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Minimum 4 years of experience with commercial projects
- Strong AutoCAD skills, Revit experience, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Interest in ARE licensure preferred
- Working vehicle and driver's license required
Does this sound like you? Ready to apply? Please submit a cover letter and resume with portfolio/work samples if you meet the requirements above.