Habitec Architecture & Interior Design is a top Silicon Valley architectural, planning and interior design firm with 45+ years of experience. We are looking to bring onboard a Project Manager to join our award-winning team! Habitec's projects range from corporate office, retail, restaurant, industrial and medical fields and our clients include Apple, PayPal, SAP, Google and Facebook to name a few. We offer competitive pay and an excellent medical/dental, 401K and PTO package as well as numerous company perks.
About the Position
The Project Manager manages all size projects, working in conjunction with the Principal on the account. The position is a leader of the production and design team. The Project Manager is responsible for regular client contact and development of the client relationship in conjunction with the Principal on the account. Additionally, this position is the key contact for all phases of their project including facilitation and implementation from programming, design development, to construction documentation, and contract administration.
- Works with Principal to develop proposals and determine fees.
- Leads the programming through construction phases of projects with support from project team.
- Manages client relationships and lead in-house and consultant teams.
- Coordinates the work of outside consultants, and the design build drawings.
- Has client interface. Level depends on project size and complexity.
- Has the ability to direct the design expectations of the client. Judge when design solutions are appropriate as prepared by the design team.
- Reviews design teams work and coordinates approvals of Design Director and Principal when appropriate.
- Manages design hours on projects for themselves and their team.
- Reviews weekly status reports and brings overages to Principal’s attention before they become an issue.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of construction document production and coordination.
- Checks contract documents prior to Principal’s review.
- Responsible for code review on his/her projects.
- Responsible for deadlines on their projects.
- Attends city review meetings and negotiations along with Principal.
- Responsible for contract administration through construction.
- Able to multi-task, balance project tasks, manage interruptions and keep project work flowing.
- Thinks ahead to what needs to be done and communicates with team ahead of time to ensure productivity on projects and that work is proceeding in a timely manner.
- Communicates regularly with Senior Management Team on scheduling issues regarding own work and work of project team.
- Monitors weekly revenue run and flags potential problems.
- Has the ability to grow and manage fees / hours with minimal write-offs.
- Responsible for project close out.
- Supervises and reviews Job Captains and Drafters.
- Holds project kick off meetings.
- Maintains weekly project scheduling.
- Maintains job files.
- Responsible for project invoicing.
- Participates in precontract/business development efforts.
- Schedules plan checks as required by project size.
- Flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail; thorough
- Highly professional image and demeanor
- Service-oriented attitude
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Minimum 4 years of experience with commercial projects
- Strong AutoCAD skills, Revit experience, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Interest in ARE licensure preferred
- Working vehicle and driver's license required
Ready to apply? Please provide a cover letter and resume if you meet the requirements above.